MY GOAL SQUAD'S GUIDE FOR SETTING YOUR AWESOME 2019 GOALS.
Happy New Year.
Who’s gone back to work already?
How does it feel? Do you want to be there? Are you super excited to get into some projects or lost in what you are going for this year and instead flicking through your holiday photos?
IT'S EASIEST (AND BEST) TO SET GOALS BEFORE HOLIDAYS
When we don’t know what’s ahead to be excited about, we have to wind up energy to get inspired to set those goals, right out of being in relaxation mode.
....Anddd we are still human.
So for those that are ready to set them now...
GRAB A PENCIL & PAPER.
You choose HB, 2B ha ha whatever you like. (Remember back in year 5 when you used to compare which type of pencil you had with your school mates!?)
Perfectionists will prefer to use pencil just make sure you have a rubber so you can rub out any mistakes and redo them :)
LET'S LOOK BACK for a second to 2018.
What were your 5 highlights in 2018:
- Write 5 things down that stood out for you.
- They don’t have to necessarily be goals but they can be moments you loved. Here are a couple of examples:
- A dinner with your dad that was so easy and relaxed and the conversation rolled and you learnt more about him in one night than you have in a year?
- You learnt to Kite surf which was one of your goals.
What did you wish you did last year, but DIDN’T… yet you still want to?
- Write those things down. These need to carry over into 2019.
Who were the top 5 people in your life last year that elevated you, encouraged you, pushed you to get results you didn’t think you could?
- Write them down
NOW IT'S TIME TO LOOK FORWARD to 2019
- Write down 1 goal for each area:
- Add a 'By When'.
- Add the list of 5 people on your champion team this year, that will encourage you when you are flat, that will push you to achieve the challenging goals, that will always be there, or might even kick the same goal with you.
- Post it up on your wall.
- Look at it everyday or week. This will put it into your subconscious.
GOAL KICKING WISHES TO YOU!
Go forth and conquer! We would love you to share with us any goals you are setting or questions you have!
We LOVE goal setting but most of all we love seeing others learn and apply and see things come into their life they didn't think was possible.
Have a great goal kickin' year team.